Hi Modern Quilting Enthusiasts!
The next meeting of the Anchorage Modern Quilting Group is Monday, March 21st at 7:00pm at Starbucks in the Carrs on Abbott.
- Show and Tell - bring your latest quilting projects finished or unfinished
- Collect the last of the blocks for our bright trees charity quilt project and lay out the blocks - 12” finished (12.5” unfinished) block with a tree or multiple trees on it. It can be wacky or tradition, but we are hoping for bright colors to create a fun tree themed quilt.
- Collect blocks for our next charity quilt project - flowers blocks or baskets blocks - can be pieced and/or appliquéd. The background should be a solid color - pastel colors or white. The block should be 12” finished blocks (12.5” unfinished).
- Bee Blocks - two 12” finished blocks for each member of the bee. So far we have started blocks for:
- Carol (blocks with provided stripe fabric),
- Karen (Buckeye Beauty blocks with provided white fabric),
- PJ (anything goes),
- Carrie (anything goes)
- Suzanne (blue, gold and off white stars - any size blocks are okay)
- Ruth (create blocks with provided over-dyed fabrics and anything you want to add that coordinates)
If you have a block pattern in mind, bring it along and we’ll get started making blocks for you.
How does the bee work? Make blocks for each member of the bee and then the others will make blocks for you - it’s a great way to get a unique quilt top.
Hope to see you there!